Monday, July 28, 2014

Consider the wren.

Wrens have one of the most annoying alarm calls in the universe. Here's one courtesy of 10,000 birds.

http://10000birds.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Carolina-Wren-mouth-open-big.jpg
Not my actual persecutor, but it sure sounded like this.

One of these powder puffs wants to bed down in the hanging spider plant. I want to sit on the porch and enjoy a beautiful breeze that is banishing the humidity and the skeeters. But I don't have an annoying alarm call.

Plus, wrens are cute as buttons.

So I'm going in.

Damn birds.

2 comments:

M. Bouffant said...

Not to be a topper, but some damn bird or another once decided it should learn & repeat the hideous sound of my digital alarm clock.

Somewhat funny, as it wasn't as loud as the clock.

Jules said...

Probably a mockingbird. They're pretty cool. Unless you're trying to sleep with the windows open.